[T3] CDI Marathon!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Feb 7 06:59:29 PST 2021

On 6 Feb 2021 at 20:40, Keith Park wrote:

> I also saw the "tit crater" connection as potentially unstable timing wise
> as the 2 changed shape with time. I never did the tests to see if that was
> just opinion or fact though.

I can see how it might cause timing jitter, but I've never seen that. All the
books just mention how it makes setting the dwell with a feeler gauge
impossible. I just used a dwell meter, as recommended by VW, once those
meters became common, as a workaround, and never saw a drawback to
this..

Like Keith, however, this is just my opinion and I don't have real facts to back
it up.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org