[T3] Fuel Pump Relay - 69 Fastback

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jul 13 09:53:41 PDT 2021

On 12 Jul 2021 at 22:42, Tim Schiller wrote:

>  T1 connector appears to have been subjected to heat. Fuel pump side on T1
>  wire as it comes out of bundled wiring harness is burnt and after cutting
>  back covering over harness wires, wire from pump was frayed and bare. Cut
>  burned section, stripped wire and grounded, pump runs when key is on.
>  Connected wire from pump to wire leading to brain until I can get new
>  connector. Can I use any connector or does it need to be a similar T1?
>
> After connecting, car started multiple times.

Okay, that sounds great; you found the root problem: Someone had messed
up the T1 inline connector to the point where it was intermittent. You can
replace that connection with anything that's reliable and not in danger of
shorting to anything else. Do this carefully; as you now know, it's an
important connection.

Congratulations! Now you're ready to move on to your next concerns.  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org