[T3] Steering Column Tube seal?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 18 14:05:57 PDT 2021

On 18 Jun 2021 at 12:00, Max Welton wrote:

> Well this is embarrassing. Was trading emails with Alex and went out
> to take a picture of the firewall and ... the seal is there.
>
> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2189009.jpg

Well, that's really interesting. On the later cars, it's just a simple hole in the
firewall: no box, no seal, just a grommet.

I'm assuming that's some sort of seal pressed into that box on the firewall. I
don't see that seal anywhere in the parts drawing.

Why the silver paint? That's not stock, is it? I expected body color.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org