[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 126, Issue 1

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Mar 2 10:41:24 PST 2021

On 1 Mar 2021 at 13:59, B Fye wrote:

> Jim, one of my windows was shot and the other is very cloudy.  So, time to
> do them both.

This seems odd, because our windshields get cloudy around the edges, but
that's just the plastic sheet in the middle of the laminated windshield. None
of our other windows are laminated, so there's nothing there to get cloudy.

So what's going on? Maybe just try some vinegar & water to wash off surface
calcium deposits? As far as "shot" goes, care to be more specific?

As far as I know, the only reason to replace a vent window glass would be if
it's broken or if you want to try to replace the latch. Either way, it's hard, and
you're not likely to be happy with the end result.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org