[T3] Forward heat vent clips

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Sat May 1 15:13:20 PDT 2021

I don’t ever remember seeing those clips, and I’ve owned two ’71 Type 3s.  I even had a dash apart.  But there they are, in the parts book!  In our moderate/hot climate, I’ve had them jiggle a little and look unfinished, but not rattle, and never saw the clips.
#20 here:
http://www.hallvw.clara.net/type3/T3pbo/T3pb2-18.htm <http://www.hallvw.clara.net/type3/T3pbo/T3pb2-18.htm>
311 255 481 A (Spring - Defroster vent, left and right)
to Ch. No. 310 2500 000
So may my ‘71s never had them?  That’s when they changed the fresh air system, so maybe they changed the defrost vents at the same time?
I’d like to see a photo of them.
Thanks,
-Phil