[T3] a stumper!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun May 16 07:16:01 PDT 2021

Once the 2056 went in, for the first few hundred miles I had a miss between
2000 and 3000 RPM, fine at idle, fine about 3000 RPM, but it would go lean
and miss,

But it's a chicken or the egg issue, is it showing lean on the AFR because
its missing or is it missing because it IS going lean?

Anywho, I checked sensors, swapped out injectors, pressure sensors, looked
for vacuum leaks and finally swapped out the control unit and it fixed it.
Well,

Its back, but intermittently, sometimes its fine.

But.  WHAT could be causing a lean or missing issue ONLY between 2000 and
3000 RPM UNDER ANY THROTTLE RANGE?  I did pull the control unit again,
tighten up the plug and used some contact cleaner on it and it was fine for
a few miles after that but it came back on the way to the camp,  idles
perfect, runs perfect on the highway, its just in that RPM range..

Ideas?  I don't get stumped often but.

It's a 2056 but stock D jet.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations