[T3] Starter motors

jadney at vwtype3.org jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Oct 18 20:05:39 PDT 2021

On 18 Oct 2021 at 17:58, Bryan Peters wrote:

> I usually just use a new Bosch SR 15N. For everything from a 40 horse, to a 2276.

The SR15X is the standard MT starter (X = eXchange) which was NLA, at least from Bosch,
the last time I checked. What is the SR15N? Would that be for New? If so, I didn't know
there were new ones.

The SR17X is the AT, slightly higher power, version. I havn't tried to buy one in a long time,
so I don't know if they are out there. Might be hard to find, but there are bound to be stashes
out there. They should be a good choice for almost anything.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org