[T3] Odd Variant on YouTube

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Oct 21 17:55:08 PDT 2021

On 21 Oct 2021 at 19:31, Keith Park wrote:

> I think this is the Brazilia, its neither T3 or T4, probably has more in
> common with a T4 if for no other reason than its odd... but a common model
> in Brazil. Interesting to see the ideas and parts they took from other
> models and the parts they made themselves.

There were many versions of Brazilias, most based on combinations of Type
3 and Type 4 bodies and parts, but I've even seen one that was basically a
Rabbit body on a Beetle pan. Brazilia was what I was expecting when I saw
the 4 headlights, but this one lacks the Brazilia label on the back, something
all the others had. The label I can see reads VW1600, but it could be 1800.

This one is also quite early. He calls it a 1970, but he could be completely
wrong about that. I sincerely doubt if VW do Brazil was making Type 3
engines with alternators that early, but anything's possible.

He also seems to be saying it has zero km on it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org