[T3] 67 hood handle bolts?

Max Welton max.welton.2k at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 07:32:43 PDT 2021

> > I have an NOS hood-handle for my 67. M6x1.00 bolts appear to have the
> > wrong thread. I'll drop by Ace Hardware tomorrow and see what fits.
>
> The parts book says:
>
> N 14 140 5      Screw, fillister hd. AM 6 x 15
>
> I don't know what the A stands for, but I wouldn't expect to see a pitch other
> than 1.00.

OK. I was able to get an m6x1.00 started in each hole. I think there's
some sort of paint in the threads and I was reluctant to put much
force on for fear of stripping them. I will try to chase the threads
with a tap but there isn't much depth available.

Now I need to polish up the chrome and put it on the hood.

Thanks!

Max