[T3] Hood emblem

Max Welton max.welton.2k at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 16:08:24 PDT 2021

Max

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 4:08 PM Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:
> I always thought they were chrome over pot metal, so chrome cleaner should
> be fine. IIRC, there were 2 versions of that emblem: that one and an earlier
> one. I THINK the groove in the one in your photo should have black paint in
> it. The earlier one did not have that groove.
>
> According to the parts book, the early one was a 113 part and was used up
> thru '69.

Mine is 113 853 601 B PuC. I don't see a trace of paint in the grove.
It was on the car when I bought it.

Here's one with paint in the grove. He says it's a 311 #
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2474224

And this one. Interesting that the number he gives (311 853 601)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2126432

And lastly this dead ringer for mine and his has traces of paint in the grove.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2430380

So ... if I decide to paint the grove ... black?

Max