[T3] 73 T-3 oil temp?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 12:54:00 PDT 2021

 I checked the distributor not long ago. It has all the springs and
everything in place. I also checked the mechanical advance and it does not
advance more than what a 73 should . I forget right now what that was. I
got a good vacuum advance can yet when I installed it once the engine was
hot it would ping . What I think is the reason is when I rebuilt it, the
new pistons were flat top. Did the rebuild in 1997 the machine shop also
fly cut the heads just to clean up the mating surface. Last time I was
playing around with the timing it seemed to run a bit stronger with the
timing retarded a bit think it's at 3  BTDC . It used to be fine at 5 BTDC
yet once the fuel changed over the years it got worse. I just had an auto
zone timing light I got years ago so the best I could do is the one harbor
freight offers that has an advance knob yet I haven't used it yet.