[T3] 73 T-3 oil temp

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 15:04:11 PDT 2021

From Jim -

>For what it's worth, I usually use a cheap Diesel 15W-40, partly because
> it
> meets older additive standards and partly because it's a multi-grade oil
> that
> doesn't get as thin as most of the auto stuff available today. Bonus:
> Diesels
> tend to run dirty, so I figure this is a lot like our filterless engines.
> For zinc, to
> preserve my cams and lifters, I use a Lucas additive that is very
> reasonably

1.)  Do you buy15W-40 Diesel Oil from Fleet Farm or Farm & Fleet in the
Madison, WI area? or other retailer?
2.)  And where do you buy the Lucas additive?  Weaver?  Auto Zone?  What
quantity of additive is added to each 5.3 (?) quarts of the diesel oil
change?

Amsoil sells a case of 12 quarts for over $125.00.  It has what seems to
have a substantial additive of Zinc.  But that's a high price to pay for 3
gallons of oil, even though many of us only do one oil change per year.

BTW.
Did I do this "trimming" of your previous message correctly?

I'm getting very weary (as you seem to be) of wading through volumes of
copies of copies of copies of verbiage to get to a posted answer or comment.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)