[T3] Wipers

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Sep 14 18:35:57 PDT 2021

On 14 Sep 2021 at 16:43, Jeff C wrote:

> ISP West calls out 5mm for early and 7mm for late wiper shafts.

> https://vwispwest.com/type3/electrical/wiper-assembly-motor/

Okay, thanks for the link. I was wondering if I was large by a mm.

> Has anyone tried fitting late shafts (and the late wipers) into an early
> tube?

I have no idea if this would work. It might be easier to swap everything
unless you were 6 V and wanted to keep the 6 V motor.

Anyone who is doing ANY of this work should consider taking the linkage
apart, so the posts can be cleaned and relubicated. Those parts can stick
and make problems.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org