[T3] 67 hood handle bolts?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Sep 2 08:17:31 PDT 2021

On 2 Sep 2021 at 8:32, Max Welton wrote:

> OK. I was able to get an m6x1.00 started in each hole. I think there's
> some sort of paint in the threads and I was reluctant to put much force on
> for fear of stripping them.

The screws for the "beak" are called out as the same as those for the door
check straps. I'm thinking those may have been Phillips heads. Looking at
the engine tin bolts, those are different (cheese head) but also have the A
prefix, so my guess is that the A indicates that extra notch in the beginning
threads that clears out paint, like a tap. VW used that style anywhere the
screw would have encountered paint in a new car.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org