[T3] Hood emblem

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Sep 2 15:08:28 PDT 2021

On 2 Sep 2021 at 12:16, Max Welton wrote:

> Is this actual chrome? Can I use chrome cleaner on it? This one is as
> good as any of the used ones I see and haven't found a NOS or repop
> available.
>
> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2213061.jpg
>
> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2213060.jpg

I always thought they were chrome over pot metal, so chrome cleaner should
be fine. IIRC, there were 2 versions of that emblem: that one and an earlier
one. I THINK the groove in the one in your photo should have black paint in
it. The earlier one did not have that groove.

According to the parts book, the early one was a 113 part and was used up
thru '69.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org