[T3] Hanging the rear hatch (fastback)

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Thu Apr 7 11:18:40 PDT 2022

> On Apr 6, 2022, at 4:55 PM, Max Welton <max.welton.2k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd be interested in what the VW tool looked like.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/local_manufacture/709c.jpg

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/tools/gallerypics/VW709_02.jpg

I made one more like this (avoids that super tight bend which seemed like a pain), and it worked great for my Squareback hinges:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/tools/gallerypics/709_1.jpg

> Here's mine:
>
> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2278060.jpg

I'm glad this worked for you, but I'm scared just looking at it ;)

> I have a couple of friends coming over this Saturday. I'll rope them into
> holding the lid while I put the bolts in.

For peace of mind and a safety net, I always placed some blankets on the body during this operation.

Soren