[T3] Clementine going crazy.

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jan 4 16:31:03 PST 2022

Hose off the MPS?

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com
71 Squareback  “Hothe”
65 Notchback  “El Baja Rojo”
93 RX7  “Redstur”
13 Subaru Outback "Blendin"

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org <type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org> On Behalf Of Dennis Stiefel
Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 1:44 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] Clementine going crazy.

Went to move Clementine and I haven t started it in a few weeks. Had to jump it off but she started fine with no issues. After letting the engine idle for about 5 minutes I was fixing to get back in to mover her to a different part of the shop and I noticed a fuel leak on the left side of the engine. I immediately shut it down went to see what it was and noticed a hose clamp close to the injectors on that side had backed off just enough to start a leak. Got a wrench tighten it back up tested it out with the fuel pump primer switch I got from Jim and installed a few years ago and no leaks. I went to crank it up and at first it didn t want to start. Then when I did get it to crank it idled rough and if you gave it any throttle it just bogs down and will stall most of the time. The first thing I noticed is not the fuel pump comes on as soon as you turn on the ignition switch and it stays on. I also noticed that when I was making the leak repair I inadvertently knocked the ground wire off the air pressure sensor. I plugged it back up and no difference. I have a couple of ideas of what it could be but I thought I would bounce off everyone here to see if I m on the right track.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville, Alabama