[T3] VW Film on YouTube

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jan 14 06:12:58 PST 2022

On 13 Jan 2022 at 18:47, Max Welton wrote:

> My 1970 was only 3 years old when I got it. The floors were already
> gone.

My '68 Square lived in the salt and snow of Wisconsin for most of the 10
years that I owned it. When I sold it, it had rust in the fenders and in the
wheel wells but the pan was still fine.

If the FI brain is not installed correctly, that will lead to a water leak back
there, which will slowly rust out the rear deck. If the front air vent drains are
left clogged, rain will end up on the front floor, slowly rusting out the
passenger compartment floor.

Paying attention to water leaks is a huge key to survival.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org