[T3] Early GPS?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 3 06:43:22 PDT 2022

On 3 Jun 2022 at 9:21, David Hall wrote:

> Lovely to see that item again, Jim.
> ITMd say youTMre right on the year. It has the dished wheel and the
> washer button plus square mechanical fuel gauge which replaced the
> thermometer style, both mods which the P.O. fitted to my ~59 before I
> got it. Of course you meant RHD, and NO towel rails on the bumpers. ITMll
> try looking up the reg on the tax listing - it may be there, though
> probably scrapped already.

So, you've seen this item before? In this exact video or in some different
context?

I just noticed the narrow front signal lights, small rear license light, and the
gas gauge, for which I believe '62 was the first year. I didn't know there was
an aftermarket gauge that could be added to earlier years. (Earlier years just
had a main/reserve valve you would kick with your right toe.) '64 got wide
front signal lights and a wide license light, so this has to be a '62 or '63.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org