[T3] Early GPS?

David Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 10:40:05 PDT 2022

We used to watch Tomorrow’s World when the long running science and technology programme was first broadcast. It was repeated a few months ago as a curiosity, but I can’t recall which channel it was on - obviously not a full programme though.

The UK didn’t get flashers on Beetles until 1961.  My ‘59 has semaphores, though I did put the later flashers on to make it safer to drive.
The reserve tap is still operational, but my father’s ‘58 Beetle had the thermometer style gauge fitted from new, and mine had the square style one. Being mechanical they show the fuel level even when the ignition is off.
Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club.