[T3] 73 type 3 square back.

bobsnotch at aol.com bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jun 5 09:07:50 PDT 2022

The T-34 got it's own dip stick/cap assembly, as it used a smaller diameter cap.The filler portion is similar, but smaller for the reduced cap size. It used 2 clamps to hold the boot onto both ends of the dip stick/fill tube. Both ends are similar in
size though. I don't think it's the same as a regular type 3, as it's another one of
those all by it's self items.It's like I told many people when I was going thru that car, the body was all by
itself, but the running gear was type 3. Minor changes were made here and there
to join the 2 together though (like flipping the steering box clamp as an example, orthe oil filler boot and dip stick). However, parts of the body were lifted from the
Karmann shelves to build the body. Construction of it is very similar, in that it was all
welded construction, blocked water traps and all. To me, it seemed as if it was
designed to rust out/away. Not much you can do about that, hence the reason I sold mine.
Bob 65 Notch S w/sunroof