[T3] Clock Question-Internal coil

oktype3tim at cox.net oktype3tim at cox.net
Sun Jun 5 14:23:37 PDT 2022

Interesting,  I found another 6V clock.  It winds, but doesn't run.
(Running is a whole different problem, not pertinent to the question at
hand.)
The winder in this 6V clock does not have a resistor at all.

Thus, does it make sense that in the conversion from 6V to 12V they kept the
same coil, but knocked down the voltage by adding a 100 ohm resistor across
the coil?

Another interesting fact; 12V clock covers have a sticker that says use
fusing solder for the thermo fuse that has a fusing point of 120 Deg C.  The
6V clock cover says fusing point of 90 deg C.

With regard to my particular problem.  At some point in history someone
possibly put a winding coil from a 12V clock into my 6V clock hoping to make
it work; which as previously reported---it didn't.

What do you think Jim?

Tim Shreve
Oktype3tim at cox.net