[T3] Replacing fuel filler collar?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jun 8 08:42:35 PDT 2022

On 8 Jun 2022 at 7:42, William Jahn wrote:

> Now that the collar lip is seated, maybe if I wait a few days then try
> installing the ring. Anyone have any ideas?

I've always installed the boot first, then the ring. If this doesn't seem to work,
consider removing the boot and inspecting the mold flash in the groove
where the body should fit. If there's too much flash, cut it away.

To install the ring, insert one side and then use a small screwdriver to work
around the ring, slipping it home as you work your way around.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org