[T3] How's the trip going?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 17 08:01:41 PDT 2022

On 17 Jun 2022 at 13:46, john carartbyjohn.com wrote:

> I am starting to consider the fact that I just did the valve check in the
> wrong order or something.

Well, THAT would SUCK!

I guess it's worth the peace of mind to back up and check for that. Even if
you go ahead and install Alex's new heads. It's a lot of work, but looking at
your photos I see that you have a really nice working area, and it's not hot
outside. (I note that everyone's in jackets or coveralls.)

Being able to press your valve springs by hand is troubling. That should be
too hard for most mortals to do.

Side Note: Valve springs have one end with closer windings. That end goes
against the head. Check that.

BTW, did you try filling the combustion chambers with water to see if they
leak out past the valves? Light valve spring pressure often leads to burned
valves.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org