[T3] Early GPS?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 3 06:43:23 PDT 2022

On 3 Jun 2022 at 12:13, Dave Hall wrote:

> A search on the UK database comes up with no record of 179 BOW,

Interesting that you have a publically accessible database. I don't think
there's anything like that here in the US, although if IS possible to buy lists
from the state DOT of all the cars and owners, with names and addresses,
for all the cars of some particular type registered in this state.

For example, I could buy a list of all the VW Type 3s registered in
Wisconson, although that would depend on the registration having the
correct VIN, or at least the correct first 3 digits.

I've never done this, but I once knew a shop that got a list of all the local
BMWs of a certain era. I think they could specify certain counties they were
interested in.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org