[T3] 73 type 3 square back.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 3 16:00:40 PDT 2022

On 3 Jun 2022 at 17:58, bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> And of course there's the T-34 oil fill boot that's smaller yet. I had a hard
> time finding one of those for my 64 T-34, as it had a small end on both ends. 

That sounds just like the early 2-piece style, that used a separate grommet 
at the body wall.The lower, convoluted part just had 2 identical ends. I think 
I've still got one of those here. They were used on all Type 3s up to '68 or 

The parts book only shows the late 1-piece style, because it superceeded 
the early 2-piece style.

I don't know Type 34s like you do, but unless the steel part that fits into the 
body, the part the oil filler cap screws into, is different for Type 34s, I'm 
willing to bet that Type 34s just used the same early style boot that all other 
early style Type 3s used.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

More information about the type3-vwtype3.org mailing list