[T3] How's the trip going?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jun 17 18:49:19 PDT 2022

Ive had seats sink in heads, valves tighten up over time... sometimes its
subtle seeing how far they have sunk but this is primarily a problem
With aftermarket heads and cheap castings, Berg warned of this especially
with dual valve springs like the Notch, which had problems for a while with
some sinking
Even with genuine VW heads.  With "Thumb them off" springs however, that is
less likely and I agree with Jim, unless your one of those people that is
constantly phone poking and has muscular thumbs, its sounds like the springs
are weak, but then you'd be floating the valves....

If you have more than 60 or 70K on those heads just put the new ones on,
your due anyway!  Don’t want to risk swallowing a valve and lots of
Highway driving (like driving to invasions) and high heat (like crossing the
deserts) is hard on heads and they are pretty whipped after those miles.

I really miss the conversations that must be going on over dinner about
this...  you couldn’t be in a better spot to get it figured out and fixed!

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com