[T3] On and off hard start FI 73 type 3 ?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jun 24 17:47:48 PDT 2022

Ya know, and this has been dinner discussions at the invasions, but I never
have ANY problems starting on the first stroke or 2 cold or hot, EXCEPT when
2 things happen,
When the regulator lets the pressure go too high then it floods, and this
was a discussion a month or so ago when Jim figured it out to be the threads
getting corroded and not letting air in the regulator, and the second being
when the backflow valve on the pump leaks down.  When Jim rebuilt my pump
the new bulletproof nylon valve did leak down, at least initially and I
solved the problem with a separate back flow valve, inline with the hose,
that he gave me.  Now, pressure remains up for quite a while and comes up
instantly when  I turn the key on... no problems starting.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com