[T3] TB Info?

Max Welton max.welton.2k at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:46:04 PDT 2022

>I'm not sure what a bias resistor would be. If it was in serise, zero is
the right
>number to enter, but if it was parallel then infinity would be correct.

Over on the msextra forum James Cortina replied
"Typically a bias resistor that equals the sensor resistance at ambient
temperature will work."

And Matt Cramer (of DIY Autotune) posted

"Also - if you're using an already assembled MegaSquirt, the bias resistors
are 2490 ohm unless you have swapped it for something different."

With some trial and error I found the following works pretty well for this
sensor:

@38-F (ice-water) => 648 ohms
@60-F (ambient) => 395 ohms
@198-F (water boiling at 7500') => 35 ohms

And a bias resistance value of 3250 ohms.

Tuner Studio does have a preset for the temp-sensor II, btw.

Max