[T3] Air Cleaner Boot?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Mar 28 15:15:45 PDT 2022

On 28 Mar 2022 at 14:28, Max Welton wrote:

> I need an air cleaner boot. Are the ones for carbs and FI the same? I'm
> running an FI (68) air cleaner.

I assume you're asking for an INLET boot, not the outlet elbow. IIRC, there's
only one inlet boot for all Type 3s. Yep, checked, only one:311 129 695 B.

The fact that it's a B indicates that there must have been 2 earlier versions,
but they both superceeded into the B.

I may have one. I'll have to check. The boot and elbow often get abused
when taking the air cleaner out. If they are torn, they can be superglued if
you can get the rubber very clean.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org