[T3] 73 squareback auto trans FI question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 17 14:13:17 PDT 2022

On 17 May 2022 at 10:31, William Jahn wrote:

> and the battery even after a 1
> mile drive reads 12.5 VDC.

Right after driving, I'd expect the battery to be above 13.

>  I thought perhaps since dry weather is less dense that might be the issue
> since the MPS does not adjust for this just altitude as far as I know.

Your engine only cares how much oxygen it's getting. I don't know how much
the % of oxygen changes with changes in humidity. Perhaps someone here
does.

Bill Fisher's book talks about compensating for humidity when jetting carbs.
It's possible that the operating principle of carbs, Bernoulli's principle, is
more dependent on density than pressure.

>  I did install points and they only have 1,100 miles on them and
> while driving I don't feel any difference in pickup and they still look new
> and the gap hasn't changed.

Did you check the ignition timing? That would be the important thing to
check.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org