[T3] 73 squareback auto trans FI question

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:38:15 PDT 2022

I haven't checked the timing . I don't know how it would change with so few
miles. What I need to do is start and drive it to see if it's still the
same then go from there. Last time I checked the timing using an Actron
timing light I was told to check the timing engine hot . The trouble with
that is the induction clip is metal and gets so hot it affects the reading
at least that's what Actron told me. I used to just start it and  plug the
AAR hose and check it soon after startup. Read someone doing it static
would use a spare plug wire and a spark plug grounded to see exactly when
the plug fired rather than static time with a light bulb.