[T3] I think I found my stalling problem!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 31 06:40:32 PDT 2022

On 30 May 2022 at 22:32, Keith Park wrote:

> I had a leg break on the output resistor leaving work about 10 years ago,
> just died and that was it!  Popped the spare brain in and off I went.

Did you mean transistor, rather than resistor? I don't recall a resistor in that
circuit, but there's a transistor that gets broken leg syndrome, the common
failure in that area.

In some era, around '71, Bosch used a cardboard spacer under that
transistor, which tended to hold moisture, especially in damp climates. The
moisture caused the leads to rust thru. Yes, the transistor leads were plated
iron, which is more common than you might think.

I use a plastic spacer when I replace that transistor.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org