[T3] '71 Type 4 in Minnesota

Jens Vagelpohl jens at plyp.com
Mon Oct 24 22:15:03 PDT 2022

The idle hasn't improved since I saw the car last. At least it does seem to drive better. Back then it had no power and you could only get it up to speed by feathering the accelerator. If you pushed it a little bit it would immediately lose power and backfire. And when you came to a stop you had to worry constantly that it was going to die.

Jim is right, the person who has it now (and the guy who owned it before) didn't have the knowledge to make it work right. They just started replacing things. I wouldn't be surprised if there's still some stupid small issue everyone has overlooked that fixes it.

jens