[T3] Dist trigger points?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Sep 11 14:29:50 PDT 2022

On 11 Sep 2022 at 12:08, William Jahn wrote:

> I would think they should be perpendicular. I just recall there was a bit of
> wear on the plate from the dist trigger point cam. I think it was the area
> opposite the plug.

I see wear like that occasionally; it's from the bottom edge of the trigger cam
rubbing against the top of the plate. It would be circular, surrounding the
bottom of the central U. I've always assumed that it was due to missing shim
washers, which let the shaft/cam ride lower. I can see now that it could also
be due to an upward bend in that plate. I'll have to watch for that in the
future.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org