[T3] 65 turn signal switch

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Aug 7 17:31:29 PDT 2023

On 7 Aug 2023 at 10:19, William Hoyer wrote:

> My 65 Notch turn signal switch works except it will not turn off when the
> steering wheel is returned to center. How can it be fixed or does someone
> have a switch that works correctly? Don't  think later version will work.

You're correct that later ones will not work. In many cases they are year
specific, but there are probably several years that will work for a '65. Beetle
part generally don't work for Type 3s, for some reason.

If you can send me a photo of your steering wheel hub, close up, with the
steering wheel removed, I may be able to see what the problem is and
whether I can likely fix it..

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org