[T3] Head lamps on left or right a idle , turn signals lash fast.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 13:55:49 PDT 2023

Jim it has 14 volts as long as the headlamps are off . It drops when they
are on. Are you saying with the headlamps on it should be 12.6 V . The
generator is fine, it's a rebuilt one I got a few years ago . I tested it
and the VR is new.

 I took the entire right side apart because the idiot at the body shop ran
the turn/parking light leads through the same hole the headlamp  bucket
grommet to the inner fender should be . There is another hole for the
parking/turn at the bottom so I redid it all . Plus I also found the park
lamp/turn bulb contacts  were filthy as were the 1/4 and small connector so
I cleaned all of this up and it works better with clean connections. Can't
say this fixed it all but it can't hurt.Even the bulb grounds were filthy
and the cast housing ground which is just cast metal for bulb grounding.
All I did was first remove the lens and touch the bulbs and they quit.