[T3] Types of Type 3s?

bobsnotch at aol.com bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jul 8 10:26:42 PDT 2023

 My thought on this stems from the fact that VW never "officially" imported the Notch into the USA. Yes other countries also got the Fastback, and Canada did get the Notch. So both models were produced. It just seems odd they'd use the same chassis designation. It might be like Dave said, that both cars were "sedans" is why they shared chassis codes.Also keep in mind that when a car was produced as a RHD model, the chassis code was changed to an "even" number (hence the spacing of model numbers).Note; I never really looked thru Simon Glenn's book to see if he called out why VW did that. But he did call out a bunch of "odd" models that were built all over the world. Just something to add to the mystery. ;-)

Bob 65 Notch S with sunroof