[T3] My final question on IAD's

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 10:09:42 PDT 2023

 I looked around for info. All I could find basically is the MPS port was
moved to the top left side and the temp sensor was moved to the right side.
I read the idea of moving the MPS port to the top was to keep oil or oil
vapor from getting into the MPS . This may be true since I have had a few
of my old oles that no longer work and never found oil in them.

 Tram sent me one with no play at all in the shaft and it has the PCV pipe
but the MPS port is on the bottom left and the trans modulator port on the
bottom right both are right next to each other. and it is for an auto
trans, (proper linkage for the kick down) .

  I did notice on the 72 and 73   IAD the two trans ports have a built in
restriction same as the MPS port but on the one Tram sent the MPS has the
same orifice/ restriction as the late model but the trans port does not so
maybe this is how they made it work with one port. I did read somewhere
that many create a loop in the MPS hose to bring the bottom port higher up
to help prevent oil vapor from entering. .