[T3] Getting Ready for the Gathering

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jun 10 06:52:42 PDT 2023

Yes, this was on hot start, I don't recall a problem with cold starts...
would pass 40psi on hot starts, then linger around
A while before slowly coming down.

Keith'

On 9 Jun 2023 at 21:39, Keith Park wrote:

> When I ran into the fuel pressure regulator problems, The pressure
> would spike on startup, making for hard starts, Then slowly come
> down.. it would run rich but still ran OK.  Sometimes it would Be high
> for a while driving around but the only symptom would be the hard
> starts, and of course, Slightly less gas mileage.

Hmmm, this doesn't sound like what I thought we suspected, unless you're
talking about restarts, during the heat soak after shutdown. Is that when
you saw the problem?

I don't see how a "trapped volume" would cause a pressure spike on startup,
and I also thought you saw an effect from changing altitude, which the
"trapped volume" effect would have explained.

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make the Michigan Gathering.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org