[T3] Type 3s at the All Air-Cooled Gathering (Michigan) - June 16-18, 2023

john carartbyjohn.com john at carartbyjohn.com
Sun May 7 08:18:14 PDT 2023

Last Fall a few of the Invasion regulars got together in Cincinnati for the weekend and attended the VW/Porsche Reunion show. It was a blast hanging out and catching up with folks that didn’t make the trip out to California for the Invasion last summer. We had so much fun that we decided to do it again this summer rather than have to wait until the 2024 Invasion in Ticonderoga, NY to get together.

So, we are going to do a little Type 3 Take-over of the All Air-Cooled Gathering at the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners, MI (near Kalamazoo) Father’s Day weekend. The show is on Saturday - June 17th from 9am to 4pm. The gates open for registration ($15/car) at 8am. Some us are going to make a weekend of it and meet up Friday evening, go to the show together on Saturday and maybe hit up the Air-Zoo or other attractions on Sunday before heading home.

https://gilmorecarmuseum.org/events/all-air-cooled-gathering-2023

Right now, Jill and I are planning on bringing Sophy and Jill’s Type 34 Ghia out for the Show. Dave and Gail Pallo are coming from NY in Elwood, their Squareback, Jim Adney and Melissa are coming from WI in one of their Type 3s, and Henry Verrydt and Gail Lawrence are coming (maybe) from Toronto in their custom Squareback Panel. Keith Park might make it from NY in one of his Type 3s also. It would be great to see some of you all and get you to drag out your Type 3s for the event. We have reached out to some of the other local-fish Type 3 Invaders and others also, so it could turn out to be a nice little group of Type 3s. I am also going to post on Facebook to see who we get to show up.

Thanks to Dave Pallo, we have identified a hotel in nearby Kalamazoo that Dave & Gail and Jill & I, at least, are staying at.  Here is a link for those that want to join and make weekend of it.

Comfort Inn Wings Stadium
https://www.choicehotels.com/michigan/kalamazoo/comfort-inn-hotels/mi483

Let me know if you are interested and I can add you into the email chain that we have going to plan this thing out.

Happy Type 3ing.

John