[T3] Tires for Type 3s?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu May 18 06:43:58 PDT 2023

It's been a LONG time since I could buy my favorite Michelin 165SR15 XZX
tires, and our size has completely disappeared from all the major tire makers'
lineups. Since then, we've all been scrambling for a reasonable alternative.
Everything now available seems to come from S. Korea or SE Asia.

Richard Spryer and I have been looking together and both of us found the
Americus Touring Plus All-Season Tire - 165/80R15 87T. It's available here:

https://tiresshipped2you.com/collections/americus

Price is an extremely reasonable US$62.60 each, with free shipping.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org