[T3] Aerodynamic Drag

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Sun Oct 29 20:06:08 PDT 2023

<Jim Adney wrote…>
Here's a YouTube video that discusses a paper about aerodynamic drag on
fastbacks, notchbacks, and squarebacks. The body shapes are more
modern than on our cars, but it's still interesting that they used our names.
Here's the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7EYKVEL7Ds

And here's the link to the complete paper. I haven't waded thru this yet, but I
intend to.

https://www.mdpi.com/2311-5521/5/4/236/htm

There are some surprises here.

This reminded me of the little aerodynamics page a created years ago for our cars.  It can be found here…

https://www.carartbyjohn.com/Type3Website/AeroPage.html

I will have to watch the youtube video tomorrow and take a closer look at the paper to see if it is consistent with what I found and hypothesized.

John