[T3] Noisy Tranny

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Sep 26 17:16:18 PDT 2023

Yea, I hate to run anything but an unmolested original, but with the big
motor in there, it needs some beefing up and yes, a HIGHER final gear.
First and second are the same so I think the R&P are stock, but I don’t
remember for sure.  The tranny I sent as a core was NOT the one they
rebuild, so
Who knows what I got.

It DOES work fine, but it has a bad bearing, hopefully they don’t need to
rebuild and replace everything again to replace that, an probably other
bearings that
Should have been changed in the first place.

I tried to get a hold of steedle today, but it doesn’t appear its really an
official business, or at least, they have so much work they don’t need to
advertise as they don’t
Have a website, their Instagram is static (and without an account,
unviewable to the user) and both phone numbers I found for them are not
correct.

I cant have the Tranny out of the car for 3 months either.

Ill have to do some digging on the Samba, maybe see if I can contact Raby
again and see who he is currently recommending for a tranny guy...  he
builds enough
Big motors that he needs something reliable to bolt them to.

No, I don’t expect the 298Kmi I got out of the original tranny, but 100K
would be nice...  not 30!

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com