[T3] Northern Midwest Invasion Caravan

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Apr 19 10:13:13 PDT 2024

On 16 Apr 2024 at 21:55, Keith Park wrote:

> DonTMt forget John!

Oh, of course, John! That would have made it Russ, John, Keith, Dave Hall,
and me. Was there anyone else at that point? Was Bob Heydt with us that
trip?

Don't know how my aging mind managed to let John slip by. And John was
in Sophy, when she was still an ugly duckling. That was quite the shakedown
run.

We had a number of roadside repair "events" to keep us occupied. Sophy
dropped a carb plug and an intake manifold nut. Was this the time Keith
dropped a heater duct? Dave Hall commented at one point that he wasn't
sure how to read the speedo in my '69. (I had installed the face plate, with all
the index marks, backwards. That didn't get fixed until we were back home.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org