[T3] Looking to return the favor

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 11:30:20 PDT 2024

Generous offer indeed.

I'm kinda I the same boat as Doug with my one-owner, 1969 VW with MT, FI
... 98% original Squareback.

I would like to see my (nearly) 55-year-old Square go to a "younger person"
who would have an abiding interest, respect & passion for our Type 3's,
like many of us.

But I know first-hand about people who say:

"I promise to keep your car as original as possible and maintain it to keep
it roadworthy."

Once the car is acquired by the new owner ... all bets are off

Short story.
I sold my original, stock1930 Model A Ford with original paint, rumble seat
to a man who made the "I promise ... etc."

After he had the car, Title & Bill of Sale;
he proceeded to chop, channel, repower the drivetrain with a GM 350/5.7
short block, leather upholstery, repaint the body "Resale Red", "juice"
brakes, power steering, A/C ... etc.

Water over the dam, I guess.