[T3] Battery Install, Oil Change & Brake Fluid Reservoir

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Mon May 13 14:53:19 PDT 2024

FWIW, when I was first putting Sophy on the road back 20 plus years ago, I had Jim Adney rebuild her master cylinder, calipers, and maybe her rear wheel cylinders.  I also installed all new brake lines and hoses.  At that time, I filled the system with DOT 5 brake fluid.  20 plus years and 75K+ miles later with many mountain passes up and down and lots of twisty roads, the system is still performing flawlessly.   I have never had to change the fluid or do anything to the system.  As a result, I have also changed over the fluid in Jill’s 67 Type 34 Karmann Ghia to DOT 5 and I will be changing over the fluid in our new to us 71 Westy to it when I replace the old rubber hoses this summer.

Sophy may look it, but she is definitely not a trailer-queen show car. <G>

John