[T3] Sent the bumpers out again!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 20:35:12 PST 2010

In a message dated 12/4/2010 11:17:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

I tell  ya, Im getting a better understanding on why so many bumpers  are
painted!

Actually it's really more of trying to find some place that does a good job
 of chroming them. I was going to get a rear (late model) for my 71 Notch
from  ISP, and Anthony suggested I find a good used one, since the Cali
chrome  won't withstand the Michigan weather (without exposing it to road salt).
:O  According to him, the Cali chrome is crap compared to the OE German
chrome, and  he SELLS replated bumpers. A lot of it is due to EPA and California
 regulations on what you can and can't dump into the air and water. And to
be compliant, the good stuff isn't used anymore.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)