[T3] Sent the bumpers out again!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Dec 5 08:00:48 PST 2010

Well, it shouldn't be a matter of "what" is used but "how much".
It's a copper and a nickel layer then the chrome.  How THICK these layers
are and how consistant the thickness is are the main determinations of
quality. Its not easy to get consistant thickness on a large part from a
generic tank.. you need a tank and electrodes that fit the part.  The larger
platers have more choice in what they can use than the small ones and if you
want a good price your gonna get corners cut in how thick the layers are, or
some even eliminate the copper layer and MAN does it rust fast then!

True that plating in CA Is probably like selling good paint or glue in NY so
its more expensive for the businesses to operate making them cut costs in
your quality, Chromemasters is in Tennesee and the rules are still more
relaxed down there... for now anyway.

Lets see what chromemasters can do, they are not cheap but did spare
grabbing both my kidneys... although the bumpers im getting now will never
see any salt!

Keith

In a message dated 12/4/2010 11:17:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,