[T3] Endless Problems...

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 14:43:56 PST 2010

Those sort of readings look more like a battery with a shorted cell, where
the current limiting side of the VR is keeping things low.  Is that possible
Jim?  I've never experienced it.

I guess the symbol was for DC, which is correct,
like:-
___
---

What voltage does it show when just across the battery with engine off?  If
that's still only around 10V, you've a shorted cell or your meter is out
(has the meter had a recent new battery?).

I assume your fuel filler pipe J-shaped vent hose is OK?

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club